top of page
About the Course
This Autumn term our wonderful Paint the Portrait course is back. Beginning at the basics, this 10 week course, will guide you step by step while learning a variety of drawing and painting techniques.
We will work with a live model for 2 weeks and then work from photos, while developing our painted portrait. We will be learning about watercolour and oil paints on canvas. Learning step by step colour theory and building layers of beautiful paint.
We will learn
- Tonal and mark making techniques
- Colour theory and mixing with oil paints
- Painting on canvas
- Working from a photo and from life
Over the 10 weeks course you will
- Work towards a well developed Portrait on canvas
- Improve observational skills and gain confidence with proportions
- Gain further insight in observing different tones and shades on the Portrait
- Develop an understanding of colour mixing with paint and explore colour temperatures
- Gain confidence working with watercolours and oil paints, learning about consistency and application with different brushes
What level is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for complete beginners to drawing and painting. We will learn step by step each week so we recommend joining for the full course, £35 drop in sessions are also available, space permitted.
bottom of page